Monday, May 11, 2009

MAYBELLINE DREAM MATTE MOUSSE vs. AUSTRALIS MOUSSE MAKEUP

MAYBELLINE DREAM MATTE MOUSSE vs. AUSTRALIS MOUSSE MAKEUP

The MDMM retails for $21.45 while the AMM retails for $14.95
Both foundations are designed to give a silky soft, matte powder finish, without emphasising blemishes and skin imperfections. 

In my opinion, the Australis one is well worth it! Its quite a few dollars less, and does the exact same job, so I see no point in purchasing the MDMM, even though it is a 'global' phenomenon. 

After buying the MDMM and being amazed at what it could acheive, I thought I'd give the Australis one a go. Let me just say that this does the trick just as well, if not better. Both can be doubled as a concealer and eye primer (comparable to Urban Decay's Primer Potion). 

Easy application, with just your fingers or a sponge (but if you really WANT to get technical, a normal foundation brush like MAC's 190/191 will do fine)

Here are the ratings:

MDMM
Packaging -> 9/10
Product -> 9/10
Overall -> 9/10

An excellent drugstore foundation, for a REALLY good price. The packaging is sleek and modern, while the actual product provides good coverage, and lasts a long time.

AMM
Packaging ->8.5/10
Product -> 9.5/10
Overall -> 9/10

A wonderful foundation, for an EVEN BETTER price! The packaging is practically an exact dupe for the MDMM, and the product gives even coverage, and blends perfectly!

[Keep in mind that these are all my opinions, and if you should have any further questions, please ask me, and if you think differently to the above review, please comment, because I'd like to hear of what you think of the product. Just because I love these products, it doesn't mean you will. These are both highly popular foundations, and once again, this is just my point of view!]

No comments:

Post a Comment